The Gourmet Breakfast. Bacon on Egg with Caramelized Pears, Blue Cheese, Camembert and Feta.
Recipe type: Breakfast
Bacon, blue cheese and caramelized pear slices make a formidable combination. Add a Chinese Egg Omelette, a crumble of Feta and a couple of slices of Camembert.... that gives you THE Gourmet Breakfast!!!
For Each Serving you will need
- 3 Rashers streaky bacon
- 8 Slices of fresh pear
- 25g Feta cheese
- 25g Creamy blue cheese
- 4 Small wedges Camembert cheese
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat a 20cm or 8 inch pan over medium high heat and fry the bacon until lightly golden, then remove it from the pan and keep it warm.
- Add the pear slices to the pan and fry these for 6 to 8 minutes turning halfway through. The pears should be well browned and tender. Remove these from the pan and keep them warm with the bacon.
- Pour in the egg and fry this for 3 minutes per side until golden.
- Place the egg in the center of a platter and arrange the fried pears around the edge of the egg.
- Place the bacon in the center in such a way that it stznds up on its edges giving the meal some height.
- Arrange the Camembert around the bacon at every quarter of the circle. Crumble the feta cheese over the bacon, then crumble the blue cheese over the caramelized pears.
- Season with cracked black pepper and serve immediately. There is no need to season with salt as the feta and the blue cheese provide more than enough salt.