Trev's Killer Barbecue Pork Ribs. Eastern-Style Barbecue Spare Ribs.
Recipe type: Pork / Barbecue
This simple barbecue pork ribs recipe will have your friends and loved ones raving for ages. Beautifully flavored with soy, garlic, ginger and roasted sesame oil, these ribs are a sure winner.
- 1.5kg Pork Belly, skin on, bone in
- 80ml Light soy sauce
- 3 Tsp Cornflour
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Tsp Roasted sesame oil
- You will need 1.5kg of pork belly with skin on and bone in. Have your butcher cut it into short ribs of around 75mm or 3 inches.
- Place the ribs in your wok and cover them with boiling kettle water. Bring this to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer the meat for 10 minutes. Turn the belly over and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the belly from the wok and cut the ribs apart.
- Combine the light soy sauce, cornflour, garlic powder, ground ginger and roasted sesame oil.
- Place the ribs in a roasting pan and pour the marinade over the meat. Toss them until everything is well coated. Allow these to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Over a medium hot barbecue, grill the ribs for 6 minutes per side.
- Turn the ribs onto the skin side then barbecue for a further 3 minutes. Remove the ribs from the heat and serve immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.