Oven-Fried Sweet Potato Chips with Sweet Balsamic Reduction. The Best Sweet Potatoes EVER!
Recipe type: Vegetable, Vegetarian, Accompanyment
Oven-Fried Sweet Potato Chips with Sweet Balsamic Reduction. The Best Sweet Potatoes EVER! Todays recipe proves that the simpler things in life can be the best. These oven fried sweet potatoes drizzled with sweet balsamic reduction is the stuff of legends.
For the Potatoes
- 600g Sweet potatoes, cut into 12mm / ½ inch chips
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Salt and cracked black pepper to season
For the Balsamic Reduction
- 250ml Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs Honey
- Cut the sweet potato into 12mm chips then place them in a roasting pan.
- Drizzle the chips with olive oil and mix them around until everything is coated.
- Roast the chips in a preheated oven at 220c or 425f for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly golden.
- While the potato roasts, combine the honey and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan over medium high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and allow this to reduce for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Towards the end as the reduction thickens, turn the heat down and stir continuously until the mixture is one third of its original volume. Remove it from the heat and keep warm.
- Transfer the potato chips to a serving bowl, drizzle generously with the balsamic reduction, season with salt and crack black pepper and serve immediately.