Pumpkin / Butternut Fritters - Crispy Fried Pumpkin Fritters, the Perfect Accompaniment or Dessert!
Recipe type: Vegetable / Accompaniments / Dessert
Cuisine: South African
These cinnamon pumpkin frtters are outstanding and can be made with pumpkin or butternut. Crispy and caramelized on the outside and beautifully soft and creamy on the inside, this recipe is a sure winner!
- 2 Cups Cooked pumpkin or butternut, mashed
- ½ Cup All-purpose flour
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 2 TBS Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Place the cooked pumpkin in a mixing bowl, then add the flour, salt, ground cinnamon, baking powder and brown sugar. Mix this all until combined, then add the eggs.
- Mix this until you have a thick sticky batter.
- Pour enough oil into a large pan to cover the base of the pan, then heat this over medium high heat.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of the batter into the pan, with a little space in between them.
- Fry the fritters for 3 minutes per side until crisp and golden.
- Remove the fritters from the pan and drain them on kitchen paper. Continue frying the remaining batter until all of the fritters are cooked.
- This recipe will yield about 16 fritters.