KFC Chicken Wings. How to Make KFC Hot Wings at Home. KFC Deep-Fried Wings Recipe.
Recipe type: KFC Deep-fried chicken wings / poultry
KFC Chicken Wings Recipe / KFC Hot Wings Recipe. This is Part 3 of the series on KFC Chicken. This Episode covers KFC Hot Wings. If you missed Episode 1 & 2, click on the onscreen link to view them in order to understand the process. Crispy deep-fried KFC chicken wings are legendary - this is how to make them at home.
- 16-24 Whole chicken wings
For the Spice Blend
- 3 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Onion salt
- 1 Tsp Dried sage
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Tsp Cracked black pepper
- 1 Tsp Dried basil
- 1 Tsp Dried marjoram
- 1 Tsp Dried coriander
For the Curing Brine
- 100g Dairy or Kosher salt (any non-iodated salt is fine)
- 1 Tsp Whole black peppercorns
- 1 Corn of whole allspice
- 12.5g Saltpetre
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 50g Sugar
- 15g Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 Tbs Dried chilli flakes
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs Cayenne pepper
- 4-6 eggs lightly beaten
- To start prepare the curing brine as we did in part 1 and part 2.
- Remove and discard the wing tips from the wings and cut through the center joint. Place the wings in a sterilized container.
- Sprinkle 1 tbs of crushed chilli flakes over the wings, then pour in the brine. Put the lid on the container and allow the chicken to cure for a full 12 hours in your refrigerator.
- Combine the second half of the spices with flour and add 1 tbs of cayenne pepper, then sprinkle a layer of the seasoned flour over the surface of a large platter.
- Lightly beat 4 eggs.
- To coat the wings, first dredge them in the flour, then dip then in the egg.
- Dredge them in the flour again to get a good solid coating. Transfer the wings to the floured platter and allow the coating to set for 20 minutes.
- Fill your pan with oil to a depth of 25mm or 1 inch and heat this to 150c or 300f. Fry the wings for a full 20 minutes turning halfway through.
- Remove the wings from the oil and drain on kitchen paper. Allow them to stand for 5 minutes before serving.