Chinese Crispy Fried Pork Belly Rashers. Deep-Fried Pork Belly Rashers with Black Bean Marinade.
Recipe type: Pork Belly / Deep-fried / Dim Sum
This is Part 2 of the Chinese Pork Ribs & Belly demonstration. To see Part 1, click the on-screen link. In this Episode, we slice the pork belly into rashers, marinate it in a rich fermented black bean marinade, coat it and deep-fry it to crispy golden perfection.
- 600g Pork Belly, skin on
- 2Tbs Rice win or dry sherry
- 4 Tsp Caster sugar
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Roasted sesame oil
- 2 Tsp Garlic powder
- 4 Tbs Fermented black beans, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Dried chilli flakes
- 4 Tsp Cornflour
- Slice the belly into ¼ inch or 6mm rashers. Place these in a large mixing bowl and add the caster sugar, salt, garlic powder, chilli flakes, cornflour, black beans, rice wine and roasted sesame oil.
- Massage this all into the pork rashers, then allow to marinate for 2 hours in your refrigerator.
- Fill your wok or pan with oil to depth of 50mm or 2 inches and heat this to 190c or 350f.
- Working with 1 rasher at a time dip a rasher in the egg, then drench it in the cornflour. Carefully lower it into oil, then repeat until the pan or wok is full.remove the rashers from the oil using a pair of tongs as soon as they are crisp and golden.
- Transfer the rashers to platters and serve with the dipping sauces of your choice.