Black Olive, Feta & Spinach Muffins. Savory Muffins Recipe with a Taste of the Mediterranean.
Recipe type: Baking / Muffins / Breakfast
These olive, feta and spinach muffins are dead-easy and quick to make. The flavor is outstanding, and this is simply the best savory muffins recipe around.
- 240g Self-raising flour
- 3ml Salt
- 10ml Baking powder
- 60g Baby spinach, finely chopped
- 200g Feta cheese
- 200g Balck olives, pitted and cut into rounds
- 1 Egg
- 300ml Milk
- 50ml Melted butter
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the finely chopped baby spinach and the black olive rounds and mix them into the flour, then crumble in the feta cheese.
- In a jug, whisk together the milk, egg and melted butter, and pour this into the mixing bowl.
- Using a wooden paddle, mix the batter until all of the ingredients are just wet. Over-mixing the batter will result in tough muffins.
- Press a square of baking paper into one of the muffin pan holes then fill this with batter. The weight of the batter will hold the paper in place. Continue this until all 12 holes are filled with equal amounts of batter.
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven at 180c or 350f for 30 minutes. Test for doneness by pressing a toothpick or skewer into one of the muffins. If it comes out clean, the muffins are ready, if not, return them to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool for 20 minutes on a wire rack before serving.