Mexican Shortbread with Cinnamon & Toasted Almonds. Quick & Easy Delicious Mexican Shortbread Recipe
Recipe type: Baking / Cookies / Biscuits
This delicious Mexican shortbread with cinnamon and toasted almonds is quick and easy to make - literally 20 minutes from start to completion.
- ½ Cup Plain flour
- 1 Cup Self raising flour
- ½ Cup Toasted almonds
- ¼ Cup Brown sugar
- 150g Butter, softened and cubed
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Caster sugar mixed with 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the all purpose flour, self raising flour, brown sugar, toasted almonds, softened butter and egg in your food processor.
- Using the pulse action, process this until a dough comes together. This shouldn't take longer than a minute.
- Rub a little oil on your baking sheet, place a sheet of baking paper on top of this, then oil the baking paper. This protects the sheet against the cinnamon sugar later in the recipe.
- Using a tablespoon measure, take a level tablespoon of the dough and roll this into a ball. Center the ball the palm of your hand, then flatten this slightly between both palms. Place this on the baking sheet and continue until all 24 shortbreads are formed.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the biscuits then bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 180c or 350f.
- Remove the shortbreads from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool before serving.