Chicken & Bacon Kefta Kebabs. Delicious Kefta / Kofta Kebabs using Chicken and Pork.
Recipe type: Chicken / Poultry / Pork
Traditionally kefta / kofta kebabs are made with lamb. This recipe gives a slightly different spin using chicken, bacon and pork sausage meat. The pork sausage meat along with a little tapioca or cornflour binds the mixture into delicious kefta kebabs.
- 500g Chicken breast meat
- 150g Pork sausage meat
- 200g Streaky bacon
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbs Tapioca or cornflour
- Chop the bacon into thin slices across the grain, then do the same with the chicken. Squeeze the meat from the pork sausages.
- Place this all in your food processor along with 2 tsp salt and 2 tbs of tapioca or cornflour.
- Process this until quite fine.
- Wet your hand and grab a large handful of the mixture, then proceed to mold it onto a 15cm or 6 inch skewer. Continue this process until all of the kefta kebabs are formed.
- To make the sesame kefta, roll them in the tapioca or cornflour.
- Roll them in the egg, making sure to wet all of the flour, then roll them in the sesame seed to get a good solid coating.
- Transfer these to a platter and allow the sesame coating to set for 20 minutes.
- Fill your pan with oil to a depth of 25mm or 1 inch and heat this to 170c or 325f.
- Carefully lower the plain kefta into the oil, and fry these for 3 minutes per side. Remove these from the pan and drain them on kitchen paper.
- Carefully add the sesame coated kefta to the pan and fry these for 3 minutes per side as well. Remove these and drain on kitchen paper.
- Transfer the kefta kebabs to platters and serve immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.