Deep-Fried Chicken Lollipops. Crispy, Golden & Delicious Cocktail Snack Chicken Wings.
Recipe type: Chicken / Poultry
Deep-Fried Chicken Lollipops. Chicken wings are notoriously messy to eat, especially at a cocktail party. Making the wings into lollipops and chicken V's takes all the mess and hassle away.
- 12 Chicken Wings
- ½ Cup Tapioca flour (or corn flour)
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ Cup finely crushed corn flakes mixed with ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Light soy sauce to season
- Garlic powder to season
- Cut off and discard the wing tips, then slice through the center joint of each wing.
- To make the lollipops, take the buffalo wing, that's the piece with a single bone, and using a kitchen towel, pull the skin down off the knuckle.
- Holding the knuckle with one hand and using your blade, scrape the skin and flesh downward from the bone to create the lollipop.
- To make the V's, place the wing forearm, the piece with 2 bones on the chopping board with the inside of the wing facing upwards.
- Using a sharp knife cut through the wing length-ways between the bones, leaving the elbow joint in tact.
- Place all of the wing pieces in a tray, drizzle liberally with light soy sauce, then season liberally with garlic powder. Allow these to stand for 15 minutes.
- To coat the wing, dredge the pieces in the tapioca flour, or you can substitute corn flour.
- Dip the pieces in the egg making sure to wet all of the flour, then dredge the pieces in the cornflake mixture to get a good solid coating.
- Transfer all of the coated chicken to a platter and allow the coating to set for 20 minutes.
- Half fill your pan with oil and heat this to 170c or 325f.
- Carefully drop the pieces into the oil and fry them for 3 minutes per side until crispy and golden. Remove the wings from the oil and drain on paper towel. Repeat this with any remaining wings.
- Transfer the wings to platters and serve immediately with dipping sauce of your choice.