How Make Peking Duck. Perfect Chinese Roast Peking Duck with Hoisin Sauce and Honey.
Recipe type: Duck / Poultry
Although Peking duck is an overnight recipe, it is really simple to make and certainly worth the wait. Peking duck is a classic of Chinese cuisine.
- 1 x 2kg Duck
- 30ml Honey or maltose dissolved in 30ml water
- 125ml Hoisin sauce or plum sauce
- Mandarin pancakes
- Shredded spring onions
- Cucumber batons or ribbons
- Remove the excess fat and skin from the neck and rear of the duck. Cut of the parsons nose and the wing tips.
- Half fill your wok with water and bring it to a rapid boil.
- Plunge the duck into the water for 3 minutes, turn the duck over to blanche the other side for 3 minutes.
- Remove the duck from the water, pat dry with paper towel then brush liberally with the sauce.
- Place the duck breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan and allow it to air-dry in your refrigerator overnight.
- Roast the duck at 180c or 350f for 0 minutes undisturbed.
- Carve the meat and skin into thin slices and serve immediately with the accompaniments.
Click here to get the [url:1]Mandarin Pancake recipe[/url]