Crumbed Chicken & Bacon Steak. Crumbed Chicken Fillet Laminated with Bacon, Crumbed & Deep-Fried.
Recipe type: Chicken / Poultry
These are truly crumbed chicken fillet with a difference. Take schnitzeled chicken breast, laminate it with bacon, coat this all in crumbs, then deepfry to crispy perfection. You will need a contact grill to bond the chicken and bacon.
- 2 x Chicken breasts, skinless, deboned
- 6 x Rashers streaky bacon
- ⅓ Cup Tapioca flour
- ⅓ Cup finely crushed corn flakes mixed with ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- Oil for frying
- Measure 40cm / 16 inches cling wrap.
- Place a breast in the center or the plastic and fold the cling wrap over.
- Using your meat mallet, tap the breast down until it is 6mm / ¼ inch thick. Repeat with the second breast.
- Heat your contact grill to maximum heat and place the chicken on the grill with the smooth side down.
- Top each breast with 3 strips of bacon, close the grill for 30 seconds.
- Open the grill and remove the chicken. The bacon will now be perfectly laminated to the chicken.
- Dredge the chicken in the tapioca flour to get a good coating all over.
- Drag the chicken through the egg making sure to wet all of the tapioca flour.
- Dredge the chicken in the cornflake mixture to get a good solid coating all over.
- Half-fill your pan with oil and heat this to 180c / 350f.
- Carefully slide the chicken into the oil and fry for 3 minutes per side until crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel.
- Serve immediately drizzled with a little tangy mayonnaise and a little fruit chutney.