Chinese Steamed Prawn Custards. Succulent prawn meat steamed in a creamy custard, flavored with chives and soy.
Recipe type: Prawns / Seafood / Egg
Not only do Chinese steamed prawn custards look amazing, but they taste just as good. Thea flavor and aroma and texture of these treats will get your dinner off to a great start.
- 200g Prawn meat
- 4 Large eggs
- 300ml Chicken stock, cooled
- 60ml / 4 Tbs Garlic chives, finely chopped
- Light soy sauce to garnish
- In a jug, combine the eggs and the chicken stock. Whisk these together.
- Add half of the chives, and season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Roughly chop the prawn meat and divide among 4 bowls.
- Pour equal amounts of the egg mixture into each bowl.
- Place the bowls in your steamer and steam over rapidly boiling water for 10 minutes until the center of the egg is set.
- Using s paring knife, score an X into the center of each custard.
- Drizzle a little soy sauce onto each custard, then top with the remaining chives and serve immediately.