How to Bake Traditional Madeleines. Original French Madeleines recipe - quick and easy.
Recipe type: Baking / Biscuits / Cookies
Crisp on the outside, soft and spongy on the inside - infused with the aroma and flavor of citrus, Madeleines are absolutely delicious. This Madeleines recipe is the real thing - it is also quick and easy to do.
- 3 Eggs
- 100g Caster sugar
- 150g Cake flour
- 100g Butter, melted
- Zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until thick and pale, and the whisk leaves a trail when lifted.
- Fold in the flour until combined.
- Fold in the lemon and orange zest.
- Fold in the butter.
- Spoon into the Madeleine molds leaving a little space for rising.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200c / 400f for 12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.