Barbecue Clams with Lemon Caper Butter. How to cook clams on the barbecue. Grilled clam recipe.
Recipe type: Seafood / Shellfish
Barbecue Clams are quick and easy to cook, especially on your barbecue. There is no guess-work with this recipe, simply follow the steps and the timing and you'll have a perfect batch of clams.
- 1kg / 2.2lbs Clams
- 1 Cup Salt
- ½ Cup Butter, softened
- 2 Tsp Lemon zest
- 1 Tsp Cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbs Capers, drained
- 1 Tbs Garlic chives, chopped
- Half-fill a large mixing bowl with cold water and add ⅓ cup of salt. Stir until dissolved.
- Add the clams to the bowl and allow to soak for 15 minutes. Drain and repeat twice more.
- While the clams soak, add all of the other ingredients to a jug. Using your stick blender, mix these until smooth.
- Heat your barbecue until medium hot and grill the clams for 5-8 minutes. Reomve the clams from the heat as soon as they have opened more than 12mm / ½ inch.
- Discard any clams that do not open within 8 minutes.
- Transfer the clams to serving platters and serve with the caper butter.