Cheesy Chicken Nuggets. Crispy fried chicken nuggets with a wonderful cheesy flavor.
Recipe type: Cocktail Snacks / Chicken / Poultry
These cheesy chicken nuggets make a great cocktail snack, and they are quick and easy to make. The cheese melts into the chicken resulting in a wonderfully tender cheesy flavored chicken nugget.
- 2 x Large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 50g Mature cheddar cheese
- ½ Cup Tapioca flour
- ½ Cup finely crushed corn flakes mixed with ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Eggs Lightly beaten
- Dipping sauce of your choice
- Cut the chicken into 25mm cubes (1 inch)
- Cut the cheese into pieces 6mm x 6mm (1/4 inch) x 15mm (just over ½ inch)
- Using your olive pitter, punch a hole through the center of each chicken piece.
- Pull a chopstick through each hole to open the holes up.
- Press the cheese pieces into the holes, the press a skewer through each piece of cheese.
- Dredge the nuggets in the tapioca flour to get a good coating.
- Dunk them in the egg, making sure that all of the tapioca flour is wet.
- Dredge them in the cornflake mixture to get a good solid coating.
- Transfer the nuggets to a platter and allow the coating to set for 20 minutes.
- Half-fill your pan with oil and heat this to 180c / 350f
- Carefully drop the nuggets into the oil and fry them for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve immediately on platters with the dipping sauce of your choice.