Butter fried Calamari / Squid Stuffed with Brie Served with Lemon Butter Couscous.
Recipe type: Seafood
This recipe for butter-fried calamari stuffed with brie, is quick and simple. The recipe will make 2 starter portions, but can be scaled up to any quantity required. The calamri tubes are stuffed with brie cheese, then pan-fried in butter, served on a bed of lemon-butter couscous.
- 6 Young calamari tubes
- 6 Young calamari tentacles (optional)
- 100g Brie cheese
- 50g Butter
- 1½ Cups cooked couscous (see recipe here)
- 1 Medium lemon
- Cut the brie cheese into batons.
- Press 2 cheese batons into each calamari tube, then secure the ends of the tubes with toothpicks.
- Heat your pan over medium high heat and add the butter.
- When the butter is bubbling, add the calamari tubes.
- Fry the tubes for 3 minutes per side, then remove from the pan.
- If you have the tentacles, add them to the pan now and fry for 60 seconds.
- Add the couscous to the pan and stir this to heat it through, and to absorb all of the butter.
- Squeeze the juice of the 2 lemon halves over the couscous, stir it in, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Divide the couscous between 2 starter size platters, top each with 3 of the calamari tubes and serve with lemon wedges.