Recipe type: Seafood /Prawns
The rich flavor of prawns offset against the sweet piquant Veracruz Sauce makes for an unforgettable meal. Only a couple of weeks back, Chef Trevor shared his famous Veracruz sauce with us for the first time. This is a true winner.
- 12 Medium prawns (26-30 count)
- 40g Butter
- 1 Clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 Tsp Soft brown sugar (demarara is best)
- 2 Tbs Lime Juice (can substitute lemon juice)
- 2 Tbs Finely chopped coriander leaf
- 2 Tbs Sour cream
- Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails in tact
- Heat your pan over medium hot heat, add the butter.
- When the butter is bubbling, add the garlic, sugar, lime juice, coriander,and sour cream.
- Stir this until it is totally combined and becomes a smooth creamy sauce.
- Add the prawns and stir these in the sauce for 3 minutes until the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve with the crunchy rice recipe from our website --- click here