Crunchy Prawn Flavored rice
Recipe type: Rice / Accompaniment
This rice is second to none. Fried first, then boiled in prawn bisque, the flavor in texture is outstanding. This crunchy prawn flavored rice is suitable for any seafoog platter, and will use all those leftover prawn shells and heads after cleaning the prawns.
- 24-30 Prawn heads, shells and tails
- 800ml Chicken stock
- 1 Cup long grain white rice
- 50g Butter
- Pour the chicken stock into a pot or wok, add the prawn heads, tails and shells and bring this to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring regularly and crushing the prawn heads as you go.
- After 5 minutes, strain the liquid from the pan through a sieve.
- Heat another pan over medium high heat and add the butter and rice.
- Fry the rice until it is a dark golden color, then add the prawn stock.
- Bring this to a boil, and continue to boil for 10-12 minutes until blow holes appear in the surface of the rice, and almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, cover and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.