The King's Chicken Burger
Recipe type: Burgers / Fast Foods
The King's Chicken Burger is a succulent feast of deep-fried deboned chicken thigh, with cheese spread, crispy lettuce, tomato and pickled gherkin. This burger is truly fit for kings.
- 2 Sesame seed burger buns
- 2 Medium size chicken thighs
- Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, gherkins, cheese whiz / cheese spread, mayonnaise
- ½ Cup Tapioca flour
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ Cup finely crushed corn flakes mixed with ½ cup all purpose flour
- Oil for frying
- Debone the chicken thighs (please view the video)
- Drench the thighs in the tapioca flour, then the egg, followed by the corn flake mixture.
- Transfer these to a plate and allow the coating to set for 20 minutes.
- While the coating sets, toast the buns. Give the bottom half of the buns a good spread of cheese whiz, then top with lettuce and tomato slices.
- Season to taste.
- Half-fill your pan with oil and heat to 180c or 350f. Carefully slide the breasts into the oil and fry for 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the breasts to the buns, top with a scoop of your favorite mayonnaise and slices of pickled gherkin.
- Serve with accompaniments of your choice.