Parmesan Crusted Baby Sole
Recipe type: Seafood
Parmesan Crusted Baby Sole. This simple recipe will receive accollades from your friends and family. Bay sole lightly coated in parmesan and lemon pepper, then butter-fried to crispy perfection fits the bill as the perfect starter, or as a main course by doubling the recipe.
- 4 x Baby sole, 60-80g each
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 20g Parmesan, finely grated
- 2½g Lemon pepper
- 50g Butter
- Pat the sole dry with kitchen paper, then paint with the egg.
- Combine the lemon pepper and parmesan, then sprinkle a thin layer of the mix onto a plate.
- Working with one sole at a time, press the sole into the mixture to get an even coating on each side of the fish. Repeat this with the remaining fish.
- Heat your pan over medium high heat, add the butter and fry the sole for 2 minute per side until crispy and golden.
- Transfer the sole to platters and serve with lemon wedges and the accompaniments of your choice.