Thai Sticky Chicken Wings
Recipe type: Chicken / Poultry
These Thai Sticky Chicken Wings are quick and easy to make. Sporting all the flavors of the East, these wings are perfect as a starter, snack, or main course.
- 900g / 2lb Chicken wings
For the Marinade
- 250ml Light soy sauce
- 2Tbs Fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2Tbs Coriander leaf, finely chopped
- 2Tbs Fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2Tbs Chilli sauce
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4Tbs / 60g Butter
- ½ Cup honey
- Cut the wing tips from the wings and discard. Cut through the center joint of each wing.
- Place the wings in a large mixing bowl and add all of the marinade ingredients. Mix this until everything is well coated, and allow the chicken to marinade for 2 hours in your refrigerator.
- Remove the wings from the refrigerator and drain of the liquids by straining in a colander.
- Heat your wok over high heat, add the butter and all of the wings. Stir this briefly until the garlic and ginger are fragrant, then add the honey.
- Bring the wok back to a boil and fry for 10 minutes, stirring every minute for the first 7 minutes, then continuously for the remaining 3 minutes.
- The wings will be glossy and well coated with a thick sticky glaze.
- Transfer the wings to serving platters and serve immediately.