Foolproof Flapjack / Crumpet Recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
This quick and easy flapjack / crumpet recipe requires no special skills.... just mix and cook. Our step-by-step demonstration will have you cooking the best flapjacks in town, in no time at all.
For the Flapjacks / Crumpets
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbs Baking powder
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Tbs Butter, melted
For the Topping (Optional)
- 240g Whole Strawberry Jam
- 80ml Brandy
- Whipped cream
For the Batter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs and milk. Stir this until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour in the melted butter and mix this until totally combined.
- Allow the batter to stand for 10 minutes.
For the Topping
- In a small bowl, mix together the strawberry jam and the brandy.
To Cook the Flapjacks / Crumpets
- Heat your pan over medium high heat.
- Using a ⅓ cup measure, pour 2 full measures into the pan.
- Bubbles will start to rise in the cooking batter. When a few of these bubbles have burst on the top of the flapjacks, it is time to flip them over.
- Cook the reverse side for roughly the same amount of time it took for the bubbles to form on the first side.
- Repeat this until all of the batter is used.
- Place one pancake on a serving platter.
- Top the pancake with a tablespoon of brandy jam, and a little whipped cream.
- Place another flapjack on top of this, with more of the jam and cream.
- Serve immediately.