Roast Gammon with Quince Jelly Glaze
Recipe type: Pork
Roast glazed gammon or ham is a classic. This recipe uses a quince jelly glaze, but you can use any good quality fruit jelly / jam. This step-by-step demonstration video will show you exactly how to cook your glazed gammon or ham at home
- 1 x 1.6kg Gammon (3.5lb)
For the Glaze
- 250ml Quince Jelly / Jam
- 2.5ml Ground Cloves
- 2.5ml Ground Cinnamon
- 2.5ml Ground Nutmeg
- 15ml (1Tbs) Oil
- 15ml (1Tbs) White wine vinegar
- Place all of the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and heat through until the jelly just melts. Remove from heat and put aside.
- Remove the gammon from its net and score the skin in a 12mm / ½ inch checker pattern.
- Place the gammon on a rack in your roasting pan and spread half of the glaze mixture over the top and sides of the gammon.
- Roast the gammon in a preheated oven at 180c / 350f for 30 minutes.
- Remove the gammon and touch up the glaze using some of the glaze mixture.
- Roast the gammon for a further 30 minutes, remove and touch up again.
- Roast for a further 20 minutes, then spread the remaining glaze over the gammon.
- Roast for a final 10 minutes at 200c / 400f
- Remove the roast from the oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for 15 minutes before carving and serving.