Stuffed Pork Loin Roast
Recipe type: Pork
There are dozens of pork loin roast recipes out there, but the secret is in the way the meat is cut, and the type of filling you stuff the pork loin with. Most recipes remove the loin from the actual cut, resulting in a dry, and tasteless meal. Watch our video for the best way to do stuffed pork loin roast, and then don't be scared to try different fillings once you've tried ours! For more "Learn to Cook" recipes, please subscribe to our channel!
For the Filling / Stuffing
- 1½ Cups chopped spring onion
- 1 Tbs Dried basil
- 2 Tsp Dried rosemary
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Pepper
- 65g Feta cheese
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 x 1.2kg Deboned pork loin, skin removed, fat on
- Place all of the stuffing ingredients in a bowl and blend them to a paste using your stick blender. You can do this in a processor as well.
- Place the pork on your chopping board fat side down and cut laterally through the loin, almost all the way through
- Open up the loin and spread all of the spring onion puree onto the butterflied pork
- Fold the loin closed and transfer the meat to a roasting pan
- Season the fat liberally with salt and pepper, then make 9-12 deep incisions into the fat (almost all the way through the meat)
- Insert a sprig of fresh rosemary into a few of the incisions
- Roast the pork in a preheated oven at 180c or 350f for 75 minutes.
- Remove the roast from the oven, cover with foil for 15 minutes before carving and serving