Fettuccine with Creamed Spinach, Crispy Bacon & Feta
Recipe type: Pasta
This pasta dish is creamy and full of awesome flavor. Creamed spinach, bacon and feta make a perfect combination.
- 500g Packet of fettuccine pasta
- 300g Spinach, stalks and main veins removed
- 300g Streaky bacon, chopped
- 150g Feta cheese
- 4 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250ml Cream
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Follow the package instructions and cook the fettuccine. Keep warm.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and fry the bacon for 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly, until it is crispy and golden.
- Just before removing the bacon from the pan, add the garlic and stir it in for about 30 seconds, until it is fragrant
- Scoop the bacon and garlic from the pan leaving as much of the fat behind as possible
- Add the spinach to the pan and stirfry until it is totally wilted and tender. Depending on the size of your pan, you may have to do this in 2 batches.
- Remove the spinach from the heat and transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Using your stick blender, puree the spinach until smooth
- Crumble the feta into the spinach and mix in well.
- Add the bacon and stir in, then pour in the cream and mix until everything is totally combined.
- Re-heat your pan to medium high heat, add the creamed spinach sauce to the pan, bring to the boil and boil briefly until the cream thickens slightly.
- Share the fettuccine among four pasta bowls, top each one with the creamed spinach sauce.
- Grate a little parmesan cheese over the top of each bowl and serve immediately.