Creamy Curried Butternut Soup. Butternut Soup with Coconut Milk and Curry!
Recipe type: Soup
How do you make roasted butternut soup in 12 minutes? This simple trick will give you the best ever roasted curry butternut soup, and you can have it curried or plain. And yes, it will only take you 12 minutes! For more "Learn to Cook" recipes, please subscribe to our Youtube channel!
- 500g Butternut, cut into blocks
- 2 Medium onions, cut into ⅛'s
- 30g Butter
- 400ml Coconut milk
- 1 TBs Curry powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat your deep-fryer to 190c / 375f and deep-fry the butternut and onion together for 10 minutes
- While these are frying, heat your pan over medium hot heat, add the butter followed by the curry spice. Stir this until the curry is totally combined with the butter
- Pour 300ml of the coconut milk into the pan and stir this to heat through and combine. Do not boil. Remove from the heat
- Place the caramelised onion and butternut in a large mixing bowl and pour the curry cream into the bowl
- Using your stick blender, liquidize the soup until it is smooth
- Serve into soup bowls, Top with a little of the reserved coconut cream, and a sprinkling of paprika, and serve immediately