Traditional Grilled Haloumi Recipe. How to Grill Haloumi Cheese.
Recipe type: Cheese
Haloumi Cheese is one of few cheese that do not melt, making it perfect for frying, grilling and hot pasta meals. This traditional Greek grilled haloumi recipe is a real crowd-pleaser and will impress the heck out of your friends and family!
- 300g Block of Haloumi cheese
- 50g Butter
- 2 Tbs of finely diced green pepper
- 2 Tbs of finely diced red pepper
- 2 Tbs of finely diced yellow pepper
- 1 Clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 Pitted calamata olives, cut into rounds
- 1 Lemon, topped and tailed and cut into 6 wedges
- Heat your pan over medium high heat, melt the butter and fry the haloumi for 3 minutes per side
- Remove the haloumi from the pan and keep it warm
- Add the peppers, garlic and olives to the pan and fry for 60 seconds
- Transfer the haloumi to platters. Share the sauce out evenly between the plates
- Garnish the plates with the lemon and serve