The Best Granola Recipe. How to Make Homemade Granola!
Recipe type: Breakfast Cereal
Make you own healthy granola using all natural ingredients. This recipe uses whole nuts, but you may chop the nuts if you prefer. The whole process is really simple, so go ahead and give it a try! This granola recipe will guarantee your success. For more "Learn to Cook" videos please subscribe to our Youtube channel!
- 300g Rolled oats (not instant oats)
- 75g Whole raw almonds
- 45g Raw sunflower seeds
- 45g Raw pumpkin seeds
- 30g Seasame seeds (preferably un-hulled)
- ½ Tsp Ground cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 60ml Water
- 60ml Sunflower oil
- 120ml Honey
- 2 Tbs Treacle sugar
- ½ Tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ Cups dried fruits of your choice (cranberries,apricots, dates, figs, raisins, apples, banana chips)
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, nuts, seeds, ground cinnamon, salt and dried fruit
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add the water, oil, honey, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Bring this just to the boil, remove from the heat and pour it over the ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Stir the mixing bowl until all of the dry ingredients are coated with the syrup
- Transfer the mix to a roasting pan, spread it out evenly across the bottom of the pan
- Roast the granola in a preheated oven at 180c / 350f for 45 minutes. Stir the granola after 15 minutes, again at 30 minutes, and then every 5 minutes for the remaining time
- Remove from the oven and let the pan cool on a wire rack. Stir the granola every couple of minutes to ensure it stays separate
- Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container