Macadamia Nut Crusted Fish
Recipe type: Seafood
Macadamia nut crusted fish is absolutely delicious, and easier to make than the name implies. This simple step-by-step video demonstration will ensure your success.
- 2 x 250g White fish fillets
- 80g Macadamia nuts
- ½ Tbs All-purpose flour
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ⅛ Cup Chopped parsely
- 2 Egg whites
- 50g Butter
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Extra parsley for garnishing.
- Place the nuts, flour salt and parsley in your food processor and chop until the mix resembles coarse bread crumbs. Transfer the nut mix to a flat platter.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, and whisk the egg white until slightly frothy. Transfer the egg whites to another flat platter.
- Drench the fish fillets in the egg whites making sure they are properly coated with egg white.
- Drench the fish fillets in the nut mixture, pressing them into the mixture to ensure a proper coating.
- Heat your pan medium-hot, add the butter and fry the fish for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the fish from the heat.
- Serve the fish on heated platters garnished with lemon wedges and fresh parsley.