Steak au Poivre - Pepper Crusted Steak
Recipe type: Steak
Learn how to make steak au poivre or pepper crusted steak with this easy video tutorial.
- 2 x 200g Fillet steaks (or ribeye)
- 30ml Vegetable oil
- 3 Tbs Black peppercorns, roughly crushed
- 45g Butter
- 30ml Cognac (or brandy)
- 60ml White wine
- 60ml Cream
- Rub the steaks with the oil
- Drench the steaks in the cracked black pepper so the both sides of the steaks have a good coating of pepper
- Heat your pan until smoking hot, add the butter and fry the steaks for 6-10 minutes, turning every 15 seconds
- In the last turn-cycle, add the cognac and ignite it with your blowtorch, or by tipping the pan slightly over the gas. Stand back when you do this.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and transfer them to heated platters.
- Add the wine to the pan and stir briefly to deglaze the pan.
- Add the cream and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the sauce over the steaks and serve.