Spiced Fruit Chicken Roulade
Recipe type: Fancy Chicken
Using your deboned chicken quarter, this simple recipe will create a flavour explosion for your friends and family. This recipe will make 2 roulades.
- 2 Deboned chicken quarters (leg & thigh combos)
For the filling
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Hot chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Dried peach slices
- Red wine
For the Glaze
- 2 Tbs Fruit chutney
- ¾ Tbs Balsamic vinegar
For the filling
- Dice the dried peaches and put them in a bowl
- Add the spices and chilli sauce
- Heat enough red wine to cover the peaches and spices and pout it over the mixture
- Mix thoroughly and allow to stand for at least 30 minutes
For the glaze
- Combine the fruit chutney and the balsamic vinegar and mix well
To assemble the roulades
- Spoon a couple of tablespoons of filling onto each deboned chicken quarter.
- Roll the narrower side of the chicken inward, and bring the other side of the chicken up and over this to enclose the filling
- Take the butcher's twine and slide under the one end of the roulade. Bring it up and tie the end closed.
- To loop the rest, it is easier to pin the twine, ass opposed the the regular looping method (please see the video). The result is the same, it is just easier.
- Bring the twine up the back and tie it to the beginning.
To cook the roulades
- Heat your grill, barbecue or pan to medium-high and grill the roulade for 20 minutes, giving a quarter-turn every 5 minutes.
- Brush the roulades liberally with the glaze and grill for a furhter 5 minutes.
- Remove the roulades from the grill and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before slicing at an angle and serving